PERFORMANCE LINCOLNSHIRE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Geting your car chiped

GT
    GT
    Progressing through the ranks

Geting your car chiped Empty Geting your car chiped

Post  GT Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 am

mg zr 1.8 120 will bring 130-140 BHP!
    Danzul
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Geting your car chiped Empty Re: Geting your car chiped

Post  Danzul Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:58 am

where did you find out? and whats the standard out put ? 70-80 horses?
    psbarham
    psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

Post  psbarham Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 am

on a good car maybe, There is no way every car will gain the same amount from a generic map. your best bet for chipping on a budget is go for a piggy back ecu and custom map, but just remember without any other engine mods (ported head/cams etc) you won't gain any area under the curve.

what I mean by that is that you may gain 20 bhp at 6500 rpm for example, but from 2-4k rpm you will have lost 15bhp, I know where I would rather have the power Wink its OK thinking that all that power at the top end is awesome, but next time your out get your passenger to count the amount of time you are at 3k rpm compared to 6k rpm, you will be surprised how fewer times you go that far up the rev range, If you are using the top end of the revs a lot then I suggest you learn to drive properly, the internal combustion engine is very inefficient at high revs, and plus will your car actually reach 6k in top?????

What this long winded post is trying to say is that in my years of experience i would recommend starting with the basics, and only go for well proven mods from reputable tuners, and by the way ripseed aren't tuners they just know how to market. any mod you buy you will always have a cheaper option, but in all seriousness its worth saving up for a short while longer to get the better more reliable version.
    GT
    GT

Post  GT Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:51 am

when you say ported head/cams dont mg need beter ones coz they blow the head gass all the time after 30000 miles if i do get this car im paying good money to keep the engin in good nik wood u be abule to help?

can you link me a web site for ported head/cams

Last edited by GT on Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    GT
    GT

Post  GT Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

Danzul wrote:where did you find out? and whats the standard out put ? 70-80 horses?

no mg 1.4 zr 105 has 103Bhp and the 1.8 120 has 113 bhp the speed of them both is 110mph for the 1.4 and the 1.8 is 120mph is a bit of a piss take thats y i want to chip it coz is taken the piss for 10mph diff
    Danzul
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:32 am

i would focus on actualy getting the car first mate, and then worry about tuning it, and i would start with the breathing rather than chipping it.

paul is spot on with his post.

in all seriousness you could get the same increase in power when you buy the car just by giving it a damned good service a good run and a half decent exhaust system.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am