spell checker

psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

spell checker

Post  psbarham on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:52 am

One of the worst things about car clubs for the younger generation is the spelling, i think its because of texting and text shorthand has made them lazy, but besides my own personal gripes it makes a forum and its users look really cheap and to be honest stupid to potential members.

So from now on if any posts are made using text shorthand they will be deleted and the originator pm'd warning them.

there really is no excuse any more, there is a built in spell checker for every browser out there, and to save you any trouble here are the links.

internet explorer --- http://www.iespell.com/download.php

firefox's spell checker is already built in, so you just need to install this --- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/3366/

Google chrome has the dictionary already built in by all accounts.

Thanks

The admin team
    Performance Lincs
    Admin
    Admin

Re: spell checker

Post  Performance Lincs on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:26 am

Just a reminder about this to all the new members who choose to use text speak on the site
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:04 am

this is becoming a problem again, perhaps if you have a genuine reason for poor spelling etc i.e. dyslexsia you can put this under your name too save the agro of us moaning at you,
    if you dont have a genuine reason other than being lazy then go back to school!

I dont want to arrive at the grave in pristine condition but rather skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming "Holy sh*t that was one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch, or a mile, WINNINGS, WINNING!

To finish second, is to be the first to lose.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm