car mags.

Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

car mags.

Post  Danzul on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 am

do you buy car mags?
    if so which ones and why?
    and which one would you say is your favourite and why?

personally i have Performance ford on subscription but i also buy fast ford when i have the money spare, but as often as i can.
    i also buy French car mag if i see a good article in it i want to read, usually 205 related.
    and i used to buy Redline which over the last several years has been a good mag but is now i feel too much jap related but it is a good mag none the less. though it has to be said its gone down hill a little since i started buying it:(

performance ford would have to be my favorite at the moment.

I dont want to arrive at the grave in pristine condition but rather skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming "Holy sh*t that was one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch, or a mile, WINNINGS, WINNING!

To finish second, is to be the first to lose.
    psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

Re: car mags.

Post  psbarham on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:14 pm

Motorsport, I think that's because I find the modern car mags shit and full of ads, plus I do my fantasy lottery win garage each month in the classifieds, easy blow 50-100 million each month in that mag Laughing
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:41 pm

i occasionally pinch it off my old man if thats the mag im thinking off, if not then i might have a nosey next time in im the newsagents.

I dont want to arrive at the grave in pristine condition but rather skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming "Holy sh*t that was one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch, or a mile, WINNINGS, WINNING!

psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

Post  psbarham on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

Danzul wrote:i occasionally pinch it off my old man if thats the mag im thinking off, if not then i might have a nosey next time in im the newsagents.

This one http://www.motorsportmagazine.co.uk/

Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:30 am

nope thats not the one, i was thinking of autosport.
    although that one does look extrememly interesting.

psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

Post  psbarham on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 am

autosport, a proper racers read, my dad has been getting that since the mid 60's affraid It ain't as good as it used to be though, every other week they gave away hooooooooge A1 sized posters of various racing cars, so you can imagine what my bedroom looked like Laughing

Next time your round i'll get you a couple of copies of motorsport to peruse at your leisure Cool
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:05 pm

that would be pukka mate thanks!

as for auto sport i dont tend to buy it as it doesnt seem to great a mag, although when it has a good article i will pinch it off the old man.

GT
    Progressing through the ranks

Post  GT on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 am

i get the topgear one I think that pretty good tbh

Last edited by psbarham on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling, again, strike 2)
    Dan=)

Post  Dan=) on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:27 pm

Mine has to be 'Fast Car' and 'Performance VW'.
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 pm

i cant decide which is more chavvy, fast car or max power.... sorry just my personal oppinion
    performance VW looks a good mag, cant say i have ever read it though

Dan=)

Post  Dan=) on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:35 am

Danzul wrote:i cant decide which is more chavvy, fast car or max power.... sorry just my personal oppinion
    I'd say Max Power purely for the fact that they have cars in there which should have been in th mag bout 3 yrs ago due to th styling. U shud read PVW gd mag go on their site and look at th gallery.
    GT

Post  GT on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:45 am

yer il have a good cheers
    Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Danzul on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 am

Dan=) wrote:
    Danzul wrote:i cant decide which is more chavvy, fast car or max power.... sorry just my personal oppinion
    I'd say Max Power purely for the fact that they have cars in there which should have been in th mag bout 3 yrs ago due to th styling. U shud read PVW gd mag go on their site and look at th gallery.

last time i picked max power up was maybe 5 years ago and it was atleast 3 years out of date then lol

i might have a browse next time in in WH smiths.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 27, 2018 5:35 am