economy!

Danzul
    Admin
    Admin

economy!

Post  Danzul on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:27 am

we all wish we didnt need to open the fuel filler cap on the car so often, so i thought maybe we could post some of our own tips for saving on fuel and driving more economicaly?

ill go first,

1- drive progressively, trying to avoid jumping on and off the throttle.

2- try to fuel up early morning or late night when the temperatures are low, you can end up with more fuel than you pay for due to its density i think it is, i dont know hte maths behind it.

3- dont carry a boot full of junk, more weight in the car creates more engine power required to haul that un-needed weight around.

4- check your tyre pressures are at the correct setting. if they are not they cause drag again causing the engine to work harder, there for using more fuel.

any one think of any more?

I dont want to arrive at the grave in pristine condition but rather skid in sideways battered and bruised screaming "Holy sh*t that was one hell of a ride!!!!!!!

Ask any racer, any real racer, it doesn't matter whether you win by an inch, or a mile, WINNINGS, WINNING!

To finish second, is to be the first to lose.
    psbarham
    Admin
    Admin

Re: economy!

Post  psbarham on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:01 pm

get someone else to pay for it Laughing

plan your driving ahead, read the road so you can maintain a steady speed.
    GT
    Progressing through the ranks
    Progressing through the ranks

Post  GT on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:47 am

i left bourne with out fule at 3 in the morning and the nerist was stamford keep the frev at 3000rpm and speed at 50-55mph u save %100 fule i also did some costing 2. wen u cum up to a hill go throw all the gears still saying under 3000rpm and dont put your food on the gas u will get up there but u will probs be doing 30mph

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm